In June 1898, the Royal Bavarian State Railways commissioned the section of the Ammersee Railway from Mering to Schondorf along with the station in St. Ottilien. The station building was a small hot dip galvanized corrugated iron hut, which served as both ticket office and personnel room.
With the construction of a new station building in 1914, the hut became largely obsolete and in 1925 was abandoned, surrounded by undergrowth at the edge of a meadow, where it was used as a shelter for a water pump until the 1980s. In 2001, the hut was restored by the monks of St. Ottilien Archabbey. The restoration consisted mainly of cleaning the sheets and the hut is now reinstated at St. Ottilien train station, near the platform.
After 120 years of service, the majority of the hot dip galvanized corrugated sheets are still largely intact - providing undisputed evidence of the longevity and flexibility of galvanized steel in construction.